City Council sets dates for tax, rezoning hearings.
This summer Hannibal Mayor James Hark has made a habit of singling out young people who have gone above and beyond in behalf of the community. During Tuesday night's meeting of the Hannibal City Council commendations were awarded Isaac Day, Zek Meyers, Tony Vigilante and Kalen Franklin.
They were recognized for their landscaping skills on projects for the Parks and Recreation Department and Street Department.
"These four individuals have shown extreme community pride and that they want to make a difference," said Hark. "Their efforts make our community a better place."
In other business:
* The Parks and Recreation Department was given permission to accept a bid of $40,113 for a 1 ton, 2018 Dodge Ram 3500 four-wheel-drive truck. The low bid was submitted by Poage Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat.
* Amendments were approved to the financial advisory agreement with WM Financial Strategies and to the engagement letter with Gilmore Bell. The amendments are in regard to the issuance of leasehold revenue bonds to pay for the Riverfront Park development project and the visitors center project.
* A resolution was approved authorizing a 20-year airport lease for hangar space with On Premise, LLC.
* A five-year land lease extension for private hangar space with Wingnuts was approved.
*A state and municipal lease/purchase agreement for $405,670 with Clayton Holdings, LLC, a subsidiary of Commerce Bank, was approved for the purchase of new Police Department vehicles.
* The mayor was authorized to execute the termination of a lease-purchase agreement between the Board of Public Works, Missouri Association of Municipal Utilities, as a sponsor, and UMB Bank, as trustee.
* The Fire Department was authorized to accept a bid of $11,375 from Banner Fire Equipment for a two position breathing air fill station.
* Given second and final approval was a payroll ordinance relative to the Public Works superintendent position.
* The scheduling of a pair of public hearings took place.
The city's annual tax levy hearing was scheduled for 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 21. The hearing will take place in Council Chambers.
A public hearing regarding the proposed rezoning of 3520 St. Mary's Ave. will take place at 6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 4, in Council Chambers.
Rhonda and Wesley Knapp are requesting the property be rezoned from A-One and Two-Family to E-Commercial.
* The following appointments were approved: Maxx Vance was appointed to the Tree Board for a term to expire in September, 2021; Kathy Davis was appointed to the Hannibal Municipal Assistance Corporation for an unexpired term to expire in June, 2020; Mike Holliday was appointed to the Hannibal Municipal Assistance Corporation for an unexpired term to expire in June, 2021; Mark Greishaber was reappointed to the Hannibal Municipal Assistance Corporation for term to expire in June, 2022.
Reach reporter Danny Henley at email@example.com