The Hannibal Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 3100 Moberly Ave. on Sunday, Dec. 18.

The American Red Cross assisted a family of three whose homes was damaged by a Sunday night fire.

The Hannibal Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 3100 Moberly Ave. on Sunday, Dec. 18. The time of the incident was 10:04 p.m. and units remained on the scene until 12:02 a.m. Monday.

Upon arrival crews found smoke coming from the residence. On entering the structure, fire was found in the kitchen ceiling area. Firefighters removed the ceiling and insulation in this area and extinguished the fire. The smoke was removed from the structure. The home suffered moderate fire damage in the kitchen area. After an investigation by HFD investigator this fire has been ruled accidental — electrical in nature. The Hannibal Fire Department responded with all stations and eight firefighters.

No injuries were reported.

The Hannibal Fire Department was assisted by the following agencies: Hannibal Police Department, Marion County Ambulance, Board of Public Works, Building Inspector, and American Red Cross.