The Hannibal Fire Department was called to the 400 block of North Fourth St. Saturday on the report of a chimney flue on fire.


The Hannibal Fire Department was called to the 400 block of North Fourth St. Saturday on the report of a chimney flue on fire.
The blaze, which was confined to the chimney, was put out by firefighters using a dry chemical extinguisher.
Firefighters used a thermal imager to check for potential hot spots. They remained on the scene until flue temperatures returned to a safe level. There was no reported damage caused by the fire.