Authorities say a Hannibal family lost everything in a Christmas morning fire that was started by children playing with a lighter.


 


 

Authorities say a Hannibal family lost everything in a Christmas morning fire that was started by children playing with a lighter.

   All on-duty firefighters were called to the home of Kevin Dodd at 2007 Irwin Street at 11:14 a.m. Dec. 25. Heavy smoke and flames were visible when they arrived.

   There were no injuries, but the single-story house was destroyed and the family did not have insurance. Firefighters were on the scene for more than three hours.