12 boys and 12 girls selected to move forward in Hannibal ambassador program
The Mark Twain Museum Executive Director, Henry Sweets along with Kate Sublette, Tom & Becky Judging Coordinator, announced today the names of the 12 boys and 12 girls who have been chosen as semi-finalists for the 2018-2019 Tom and Becky Program.
Hannibal seventh grade students presented speeches before a panel of judges comprised of area teachers, community leaders and the current Tom and Becky at the Hannibal Middle School on Friday, March 23.
The 12 boys and 12 girls selected will now prepare for the next stage of judging consisting of a test over Mark Twain and Hannibal and ten-minute interviews before a panel of judges consisting of business owners, community leaders and individuals familiar with the tourism industry and the Tom and Becky Program. The interviews are scheduled for April 20 at the Mark Twain Museum Gallery.
The Tom semi-finalists are:
• Dawson Behl, son of Danny & LaRhonda Behl
• Korbyn Bonner, son of Timothy Bonner & Tiffany Hardy
• Kason Bonvillian, son of David & Jessica Bonvillian
• Gage Bouyea, son of Mark & Bridget Bouyea & Kim Bouyea
• Zack Capp, son of Jon & Anna Capp
• Keelan Crawford, son of Brian & Sarah Griffith
• Bryce Cummins, son of Richard Cummins & Melissa Cummins
• Gabriel Foster, son of Aaron & Melissa Foster
• Michael Hark, son of John Hark & Amy McKinney
• Corgan Kramer, son of Bob & Shiree Kramer
• Cameron Nichols, son of Jason & Chrystal Nichols
• Tajmahal Smith, son of Jeffrey & Jodi Fogel
The Becky semi-finalists are:
• Caylee Cox, daughter of Curtis & Lori Cox
• Elaina Dyke, daughter of Danny & Amy Dyke
• Kennedy Fitzgerald, daughter of Chad Fitzgerald & Lori Branch
• Alina Hays, daughter of Tim & Nancy Hays
• Isabelle Hodson, daughter of Larry Hodson & Carey Landrum
• Katie Locke, daughter of Jeff & Kori Locke
• Kate Maune, daughter of Neil & Christina Maune
• Hannah Otten, daughter of Chad Otten & Jill Otten
• Breanna Parsons, daughter of Frank & Debbie Johann
• Olivia Rawlings, daughter of Greg & Tomi Lowes & Randy & Kristen Rawlings
• Willa Waelder, daughter of Dean Waelder & Jackie Waelder
• Macy Walden, daughter of Chad & Debbie Walden
Announcement of the five Tom and Becky finalists will be made on Saturday, April 21 in the Hannibal Courier-Post.
A two-day orientation for the youngsters is planned for June 18-19 with final judging by three out-of-town judges taking place on July 3. Announcement of the 2018-2019 Official Tom and Becky will be held on July 4 at noon in Central Park.
The 2017-2018 current Tom and Becky Goodwill Ambassadors are Eric Hudson and Jade Thomas, Official Couple.
Alternate Toms are Colton Broughton, Andrew Catalpa, Elijah Dexheimer and Samuel Hirner.
Alternate Beckys are Linnea Brown, Brooklyn Haye, Kendel Locke, and Claire Martinson.