Ordinance clarifying recent annexation read
Seeking a grant to help pay for the renovation of the Huckleberry Park pond has the blessing of the Hannibal City Council. On Tuesday night the council passed a resolution allowing the Parks Department to apply for a Land & Water Conservation Fund Grant.
Regarding the planned project, Andy Dorian, director of the Parks Department, said it will be “very large and expensive.” Dorian added that receiving the 50-50 grant would make a “world of difference.”
In other business:
• An ordinance clarifying the recent annexation of property was given first reading. It clarifies that the Ball Investment Group, LLC, property that was brought into the city is located between 8878 and 8860 Jimmy O’Donnell Road.
• A public hearing was scheduled for 6:45 p.m. March 6 for the rezoning of 10 acres north of Mayapple that is owned by Clinton Conrad. The request is to rezone the property from F-industrial to A-one and two family.
• On a vote of 6-1 final reading was given a bill accepting Tennyson Road into the city. Çouncilwoman Melissa Cogdal cast the dissenting vote.
Tennyson Road, which is located between Route W and Holman Drive, is currently a private road owned by B. Rochelle Tennyson.
• Final reading was given a bill abandoning Goodhart Drive, which is a platted street off Tennyson Road. In conjunction with this street abandonment request, initial approval was given creation of a minor subdivision plat that blended the vacated road into two adjacent lots.
• Apreliminary plat for the Minnow Creek Subdivision, a residential subdivision on newly-annexed property located on Jimmy O’Donnell Road,was givensecond and final reading.
• Street closures and use of city-owned property were granted for the Big River Steampunk Festival, Aug. 31 through Sept. 3.
• Street closures and use of city-owned property were granted for the Vintage Market Weekend, June 9 and 10.
• Street use and closures were granted for the Shamrock Shuffle, March 27.
• Street use and closures were granted for the Northeast Missouri Commissioners and Clerks meeting, April 19.
• Street and alley closures were granted for the fourth annual Lone Wolf Bike Show, June 16.
Reach reporter Danny Henley at firstname.lastname@example.org