During the regular November meeting of the Ralls County R-II School Board, the following topics were covered
During the regular November meeting of the Ralls County R-II School Board, the following topics were covered:
• Student recognition of Habit Heroes for October
• Additional emergency responders/groups were recognized for assisting during our school’s Oct. 2 Bomb Threat.
• Elizabeth Northcutt, 8th grade student and Sarah Simmons shared information from the recent grant supported field trips to Mark Twain State Park with activities including kayaking, archery, sling shots, snake presentation, geocaching, and hiking.
• Administrative Reports covered a wide array of topics including: Elementary Family Night, ADM Grant for $2,500 to purchase additional Chromebooks, Work Keys Assessment for Juniors and Seniors to gain a work readiness certificate to add to their resume, attendance policy reminder regarding HS absences above 8 per semester that time must be made up to earn the credit.
• The facility use policy was updated to include charges for the HS cafeteria and gymnasium, to ensure these spaces are available for community use.
• Center playground equipment will be available for purchase through bids. The process will be set up soon and advertising will take place. All items remaining were not allowed to be moved to our new playgrounds, this decision was made through our liability insurance carrier last year.
• CSIP committee met for the first time. This year, the current plan expires, so a
revision/rewrite is necessary. The committee reviewed previously collected information about the mission statement, beliefs, strengths and areas of possible improvement. In addition, the current plan was reviewed, so the committee understands the magnitude of this document creation. Finally, perception draft surveys were reviewed and additional questions were developed for addition prior to sending these out to elementary students, junior high students, high school students, parents and employees of the school district.
• Board member filing for two 3-year positions will open on Dec. 12 and close on Jan. 16, 2018. The two expiring seats (April 2018) are those of Jason Liter and Vicky Kuhlmann.