The city of Hannibal’s working relationship with General Mills will be continuing.
The city of Hannibal’s working relationship with General Mills will be continuing. On Tuesday night the City Council approved a “market rate” proposal for the continued lease of the warehouse facility located at 3725 Warren Barrett Dr.
According to City Manager Jeff LaGarce, since inception of the lease the average annual increase has been 0.94 percent annual, which amounts to a total increase of 10.4 percent over 11 years.
Based on terms of the agreement the base rent fee will be:
• Jan. 1, 2015, through Dec. 31, 2015 - $25,586 per month.
• Jan. 1, 2016, through Dec. 31, 2016 - $25,816 per month.
• Jan. 1, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2017 - $26,048 per month.
In other business:
• The Parks and Recreation Department was given permission to purchase an SUV. The low bid of $26,474 was submitted by Poage Auto Center.
Andy Dorian, director of the Parks Department, told the Council the purchase had not been planned until 2014-15. However, due to delays in other projects the decision was made to move this purchase into this year’s budget.
The Chevrolet Traverse will be used by the Parks Department staff for daily functions and for out-of-town work trips.
• The Parks Department was also given the OK to accept a bid of $10,505 from Hutchinson Recreation and Design Inc. for the purchase of 400 cubic yards of engineered wood fiber playground surfacing, five swing wear mats and seven slide wear mats. Hutchinson’s bid was the lowest of three received.
Dorian explained that the slide and swing wear mats are rubber mats that are designed specifically for use under playground equipment to limit the displacement of the engineered wood fiber.
The mats will be used at the Huckleberry Park Playground as will the majority of the playground mulch.
“Extra wood fiber was purchased to replenish any losses that we incur at our other parks,” wrote Dorian in a memo to the Council.