• Emily Tate, 18, of Hannibal, was crowned the 2014 Miss Hannibal on Saturday, Nov. 23, during the Miss Hannibal and Miss Mark Twain Pageant at Hannibal High School.
Tate, whose platform in the pageant was dance: a movement toward better health, also was the People’s Choice winner and was named Miss Congeniality. She was named most photogenic and won the swimsuit and tickets contests. Tate attends Moberly Area Community College.
Miss Hannibal runners-up were Morgan Allen, first; Courtney Thomure, second and talent winner; Emily Haines, third and interview winner; and Rebekah Peiter, fourth.
• Katie Moeller, 20, of Chesterfield, was crowned Miss Mark Twain. She also won the talent, interview and swimsuit contests. Her platform is empowering disabled children: focusing on the positive. She attends the University of Missouri.
Krysta Struthers was Miss Mark Twain runner-up. Brittany Speckhart won the People’s Choice award.
• Jamie Smith, 14, of Bethel, was crowned Miss Hannibal Outstanding Teen. She also won the talent and active wear contests. Her platform was not all wounds are visible: traumatic brain injury understanding.
Runners-up in the Miss Hannibal Outstanding Teen contest were Katie Manzke, first, also Miss Congeniality, photogenic and interview contest winner; Chloe Gregory, second and People’s Choice; Caitie Corum, third and tickets winner; and Taylor Bramblett, fourth and sponsors winner.
• Elise White, 12, of Hannibal, was crowned Miss Hannibal Pre Junior. She also won the photogenic, talent, tickets and sponsors contests. Her platform is seatbelt safety.
Runners-up in the Miss Hannibal Pre Junior contest were Chloe Mitchell, first, Miss Congeniality and active wear winner; Emily Smashey, second and interview winner; Trinity Griesbaum, third and People’s Choice; and Payton Frick and Mariana Martinez, tied for fourth.
• Kaydence Veach, 10, of Hannibal, was crowned Miss Hannibal Pre Teen. She also was named Miss Congeniality and won the interview and active wear contests. Her platform is raising awareness for P.A.D.
Miss Hannibal Pre Teen runner-up were Alaina White, first, also winner of talent, tickets and sponsors contests; Abigail Gentry, second; Emma Houchins, third, and People’s Choice and photogenic winner; and Chloe Allen, fourth.
All the winners will compete in the Miss Missouri, Miss Missouri Outstanding Teen or Missouri Little Miss contests in June 2014.
The HHS auditorium was filled with family and friends of the contestants on Nov. 23.
One audience member had a special reason to be taking pictures in the hallway during intermission - Dorothy Tobin was watching her three granddaughters compete in different contests. Chloe Gregory was in the Outstanding Teen event, and Alaina White was in the Pre Teen contest. Her granddaughter Elise White was crowned Miss Hannibal Pre Junior.
A special guest at the local pageant was Tess Mandoli, 16, of St. Louis, the current Miss Missouri Outstanding Teen. Mandoli was third runner-up in her age division in the national contest and shared her experiences in the contest in Orlando. She explained how the contestants formed a “sisterhood.” Mandoli also performed on the piano.
Page 2 of 2 -