Here is our first recipe of 5 recipes under $5.00. Make this at home, and let us know how it turned out!
Vegetable and Turkey Stir Fry
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups turkey (cooked, cut into 1/2 cubes)
1 pound vegetables, fresh or frozen (chopped)
1. Heat fry pan. Add oil and heat on high temperature.
2. Add turkey and cook until 165 degrees.
3. Add ginger, garlic and vegetables. Stir fry about
1 minute to coat with oil.
4. Adjust heat to prevent scorching. If vegetables
are tender, stop cooking at this time.
5. If the vegetables are firm, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
6. Serve at once, or with rice:
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 1 hour.
Per recipe: $3.67
Per serving: $0.92
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service, Pictoral Recipes
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program