Back-to-school reports were presented during Tuesday’s meeting of the Palmyra R-1 Board of Education.
In other business:
• Summer maintenance projects were discussed. All projects are on schedule for completion by the first day of school.
• The tax rate hearing was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Aug. 29.
• The board discussed students participating in dual sports in the same season. The board decided not to change the current practice on not allowing students to participate in dual sports in the same season.
• Larry Seago was approved as the district’s homeless coordinator, foster parent liaison, migrant student and MoVIP coordinator.
• Kinsey Cissna was approved as the district’s non-discrimination/anti-harassment and section 504 coordinator.
• The board adopted a resolution authorizing the establishment of an escrow account with UMB Bank, N.A., Kansas City, Missouri, to defease and prepay $100,000 principal amount of general obligation refunding bonds, series 2011A and authorizing the district to enter into an escrow agreement.