Twelve of the 34 people who competed in the Hannibal’s Got Talent show on the Fourth of July were awarded prizes.
All of the winners presented some type of musical performance, according to Jennifer Foster, chairperson of this contest with the sponsoring Hannibal Jaycees.
“It was a great turnout,” Foster said of the 34 performers. “We had lots of talent, from the violin and saxophone to bagpipes.”
Foster had earlier explained the talent show had taken place during National Tom Sawyer Days in previous years and was brought back by popular request.
The majority of the winners sang a song, while others danced and one played the violin.
Winners, by age division were:
Age 0 to 8
• First - Macy Waters, 4, did an acrobatic dance
• Second - Kaitlyn Drew, 7, played the violin
• Third - Allie Sims, 7, sang
Age 9 to 15
• First - Jessica McMillen, 14, sang a capella
• Second - Savana Santos, 15, played guitar and sang
• Third - Hannah Whitley, 13, did a clogging dance
16 to 20 years
• First - Brant Dooley, 18, sang
• Second - Cody Powell, 16, sang
• Third - Pariesha Scott, 17, sang
Age 21 and over
• First - Brad Broughton, sang
• Second - Chad Fowler, sang
• Third - Dale, danced