This early stereoptican photo, shows the newly-built C.O. Godfrey Mansion on Bird Street, near Maple, in 1872. Godfrey was one of Hannibal’s wealthiest citizens of the time, and this home was then noted as one of the finest in this part of the state. This home was replaced in the early 1900’s by the Pettibone Mansion (Cliffside Manor). Notice the gaslight and the nearby ladder which was used to light it each night. From the Steve Chou's collection, featured in his book, Bluff City Memories.