From children to senior adults, the people filling the Ralls County Courthouse lawn in New London Saturday, June 8, for the second day of New London Park Days found something to enjoy.
Long lines formed at the funnel cakes booth, and nearby, young people waited in long lines for the carnival rides.
As the temperature rose during the afternoon, families gathered around a homemade ice cream booth, where Brian Neaville of Mount Pulaski, Ill., was making ice cream on a 1924 John Deere "hit and miss" engine. He was explaining how it worked to Bill Baker. Baker later reported he is a New London resident who has lived in the same house for 53 years.
Artists also were offering their skills. Judy Stout was proud of a drawing made of her four grandchildren: Kirstyn and Adryan Dietle, and Raelyn and Aubree Stout, all of New London.
Another booth advertised the National Rifle Association, where Paul and Jan Tomko of Hannibal were discussing the organization.
A busy part of the New London Park Days was the car show and motorcycle show, located on adjacent streets.
A group of excited children sat in front of the stage for the "magic" show by Mario Manzini, a Guinness Book of World Records Escape Artist, who began his act by freeing himself from having his hands tied together.
A new event was the Ralls County Food, Wine and Brews Festival on Saturday.
Music was a big part of the celebration, with a total of eight live bands or individuals singers performing during the two-day event.
On Friday two children's contests were part of the schedule. Winners of the 2013 Junior Miss and Miss New London contest were selected.
Hannah Bogue, 15, of Hannibal, the daughter of Eddie Bogue, was crowned Miss New London.
Brianne Campbell, 14, of Hannibal, the daughter of Brian and Susan Campbell, was crowned Junior Miss New London.
Also on Friday the Little Mr. and Miss contest was staged. Winners were:
• Little Mr: Braedon Treaster, 5, son of Brad and Casey Treaster of Hannibal.
• Little Miss: Addison Veach, 7, daughter of Jeff and Ashley Veach of New London.
Winners of the Baby Contest and their parents, by category, first through third respectively, were:
• Boys 0-12 Months - Vedder Immegart, 11 months, Desiree Howe and Rusty Immegart; Kolby Haynes, 3 months, Jessica Whiston and Dustin Haynes; Lennox Easley, 3 months, Taylor and Rachel Easley
• 13-24 Months - Noah Winders, 24 months, Amy Winders; Chopper Gauch, 18 months, Wes and Brandy Gauch; Shane Lynn, 21 months, Ed and Tracy Lynn
• 25-36 Months - Remington Miller, 31 months, Teeny and Stephanie Miller; Logan Davis, 28 months, Mike and Angie Davis; Brett Arntzen, 34 months, Heidi Grummel.
• Girls 0-12 Months - Addisyn Martenson, 8 months, Reghan Tallman and Scott Martenson; Margaret Powell, 8 months, Jade Lewis and Nick Powell; JayLyn Marshall, 6 months, Kenny and Delia Marshall.
Page 2 of 2 - • 13-24 Months - Ava Warfield, 14 months, Lindsey Steinman and Craig Warfield; Macintosh Ketsenburg, 13 months, Josh and Allison Ketsenburg; Gianna Berrian, 24 months, Brandi Kilby.
• 25-36 Months - Maryann Prewitt, 44 months, Chance and Alisha Prewitt; Brylee Anne Blackston, 34 months, Brook Toomey; Makayla Willing, 29 months, Andy Willing and Michelle Reeling.
• Grand Overall Winners - Remington Miller and Maryann Prewitt.
For more pictures of Park Days, see Seen on Scene photo gallery.