Hannibal Rural Fire Protection District firefighters were called at 11:15 p.m. Sunday to the home of Tom Shrum at 141310 Fort Mason Trail, New London.
Shrum reported that he woke up to find his house full of smoke and his dishwasher on fire. He called 911 and used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters arrived and ventilated the home and removed the dishwasher from the home. Damage was limited to the dishwasher.
Firefighters were on the scene for one hour. There were no injuries reported.