|
|
Hannibal Courier - Post - Hannibal, MO
  • Accidental fire damages home

  • No one was injured, but the kitchen of a residence on Vermont Street in Hannibal was damaged by fire early Monday morning.
    • email print
  • No one was injured, but the kitchen of a residence on Vermont Street in Hannibal was damaged by fire early Monday morning.
    According to the Hannibal Fire Department, firefighters responded to the report of a structure fire at 1238 Vermont St. around 1:30 a.m. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke coming fom the two-story residence. The owners of the property, Emory and Cathy Smashey, escaped without injury.
    The fire was confined to the kitchen. The blaze caused moderate damage, according to the Fire Department, which was on scene for approximately at hour.
    Following an investigation the fire was ruled accidental.
     

        calendar