Culver-Stockton College continued its tradition of honoring the accomplishments of students during the annual Honors Day Convocation Monday, May 13.
Dozens of students were awarded for overall academic achievement, outstanding performance within their major, academic competition and scholar-athlete rankings. Many of the awards have been established by or in memory of Culver-Stockton alumni/ae.
Awards and recipients include:
• Anna Martin, a senior history education major from Palmyra was awarded The Colman K. Winn Award for Excellence in Education.
• William Jackson, a sophomore musical education major from New London was awarded The Ellen Bowlin Boulware Endowed Vocal Music Award.
• Anna Martin, a senior history education major from Palmyra was awarded The Frank T. Edgar Award in History & Political Science and The J. David Bursewicz Senior Scholarship Award.
• Amy Durst, a junior nursing major from Durham was awarded The Junior Scholarship Award.
• Sarah Bouldin, a senior legal studies major from Troy was awarded The Koch Divisional Award.
• Anna Martin, a senior history education major from Palmyra was awarded The Phi Eta Sigma Book Award.
• Jessica Yagyagan, a senior elementary education major from Palmyra was awarded The Pi Lambda Theta Award.
• Emily Tucker, a sophomore psychology major from Frankford was awarded The Celia Frances Beck Creative Life Award.
Members of the class of 2013 will receive their diplomas during the Commencement Ceremony to be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 18, on the campus of Culver-Stockton College.