The five boys and five girls who are finalists in the Hannibal Area Chamber of Commerce's Tom and Becky Program for 2013-2014 are being announced today, May 4.
Chamber Executive Director McKenzie Disselhorst and Melissa Cummins, Tom & Becky coordinator, provided their names and reported they were selected after completing a written test on Mark Twain and the history of Hannibal and participating in a 10-minute interview before a panel of judges. The judges were Chamber members and individuals familiar with the tourist industry.
The Tom finalists are:
• Keaton Bartz, son of Shawn and Tina Bartz
• John Fowler, son of Brian and Lori Fowler
• Cooper Lewis, son of Wes and Dolly Lewis
• Nathan Lewton, son of Steve and Michelle Lewton
• Ayden Nichols, son of Jason and Chrystal Nichols
The Becky finalists are:
• Emilee Carleton, daughter of Linda Carleton
• Olivia Clark, daughter of Shawn and Regina Clark
• Hannah Laws, daughter of Steven and Trudy Laws
• Shelbie Mays, daughter of Richard Mays and Tara Jacobs
• Ashlyn Nichols, daughter of Jason and Chrystal Nichols
Orientation for the finalists is planned June 19 and 20. Final judging by out-of-town judges will take place on July 3.
The announcement of the official 2013-2014 Tom and Becky will be made in Central Park immediately after the Fourth of July parade. All finalists will serve as Hannibal ambassadors for the next year.
The 2012-2013 official Tom and Becky who have served since July 4, 2012, are Lucas Cline and Brooke Burton.