The 10 boys and 12 girls chosen as semi-finalists for the Hannibal Chamber's Tom and Becky Program for 2013-2014 were announced today, April 6, by Chamber of Commerce Executive Director McKenzie Disselhorst and Melissa Cummins, Tom and Becky program coordinator.
All are Hannibal seventh-grade students. They presented speeches to a Tom and Becky committee at the Hannibal Middle School on Friday, April 5.
Tom semi-finalists are:
• Keaton Bartz, son of Shawn and Tina Bartz
• Caleb Feldkamp, son of David and Tara Feldkamp
• John Fowler, son of Brian and Lori Fowler
• Bryce Kirby, son of Matt and Kimmberly Kirby
• Curtis Lasley, son of Curtis and Tiffany Lasley
• Cooper Lewis, son of Wes and Dolly Lewis
• Nathan Lewton, son of Steve and Michelle Lewton
• Carter Munch, son of Marshall and Karen Munch
• Ayden Nichols, son of Jason and Chrystal Nichols
• Clayton Robertson, son of Timothy and Stacie Robertson
Becky semi-finalists are:
• Katelyn Beilsmith, daughter of James and Janita Beilsmith
• Kelly Bowen, daughter of Les and Brenda Bowen
• Emilee Carleton, daughter of Linda Carleton
• Olivia Clark, daughter of Shawn and Regina Clark
• Christa Dowil, daughter of Mark and Lori Dowil
• Emily Edwards, daughter of Neal Edwards and Shannon Rosenkrans
• Hannah Laws, daughter of Steven and Trudy Laws
• Shelbie Mays, daughter of Richard Mays and Tara Jacobs
• Grace McIntosh, daughter of the late Robert McIntosh and Caroline McIntosh
• Ashlyn Nichols, daughter of Jason and Chrystal Nichols
• Jillian Scholes, daughter of Mike Scholes and Vicky Kruser
• Jorden VanWinkle, daughter of Mark and Robin VanWinkle
The semi-finalists will prepare for testing over Mark Twain and Hannibal. The tests will be given Tuesday, April 30, at the middle school by Chamber representatives.
Ten-minute interviews will be scheduled for the evening of May 3, conducted by a panel of Chamber members and judges familiar to the Tom and Becky Program and the tourist industry.
Announcement of the five Tom and five Becky finalists will be made on Saturday, May 4.
A two-day orientation for the finalists is planned for June 19 and 20. Final judging by three out-of-town judges will take place on July 3.
The announcement of the new Tom and Becky will be made immediately after the parade on July 4.
The 2012-2013 official Tom and Becky who have served since July 4, 2012, are Lucas Cline and Brooke Burton.
Alternate Toms currently serving are Stephen Adkison, Adam Ledbetter, Forrest Lemon and Chandler Waelder.
Alternate Beckys are Morgan Bross, Abbey Laws, Katie Manzke and Taylor Vandelicht.
Page 2 of 2 -