|
|
Hannibal Courier - Post - Hannibal, MO
  • Fire forces family out of their home

    • email print
  • A Hannibal family is without housing today following a fire early Thursday evening.
    The Hannibal Fire Department answered an alarm from 2001 Broadway shortly after 7 p.m. The first report indicated that the fire started in the kitchen.
    Hoses were connected to hydrants on Broadway, and firefighters accessed both the main artery and the alley behind the house in order to position manpower and equipment.
    The Board of Public Works was called in to cut power to the house, and the water department had water turned off by 8 p.m. The building inspector was on hand to check out the structure of the house.
    The American Red Cross was called in to help the family - consisting of a couple and two children - find shelter for the night.
    The names of the fire victims were not available Thursday evening.
    Assistance for the family can be arranged through the Red Cross at (573) 221-0320.
      • calendar