A Thursday evening structure fire at 2001 Broadway in Hannibal has been ruled accidental following an investigation by the Fire Department. The cause of the fire was determined to be the result of cooking.
After the alarm was sounded at 6:59 p.m. eight firefighters responded to the Broadway duplex with two ladder trucks, one pumper, one rescue unit and a mobile command unit. Firefighters were on scene until 8:40 p.m.
First arriving units reported smoke coming from the eaves of the two-story home. The fire was quickly located in the kitchen of the first floor and was brought under control in minutes.
The home was occupied by two families. Both families will be displaced until repairs can be made, according to the Fire Department.
There were no injuries.