Sally Poole is the owner of Poole Communications, with offices in Hannibal, Marshall and Poplar Bluff, Missouri. She is very ...
Sally Poole is the owner of Poole Communications, with offices in Hannibal, Marshall and Poplar Bluff, Missouri. She is very involved in Hannibal and Quincy, IL., with memberships in the Chamber of Commerce, Hannibal Arts Council, Affordable Community Education, Lions Club and Rotary. She has helped in the fund-raising campaign to build a Hannibal campus for Moberly Area Community College. Currently she is helping to start the Hannibal Chamber Business Development Committee.
Here are ten FREE tips that you can use right away to start marketing your business or organization more effectively:
1. Trust what attracts your attention in print, mail, radio, web, etc. You know what you like or dislike about what you see and hear. Start a file of advertising that you really like.
2. Keep a file of your competition's advertising, direct mail pieces and broadcast ads. On each of them keep notes about your reactions and first impressions of them; after all advertisers have only a moment to reach their audience. Don't forget to take a look at their web-site at least two times yearly.
3. Be sure your benefit to the consumer is the most prominent feature of all your marketing efforts.
4. Keep a file or log of your own marketing efforts. Maintain information on the results of each effort; such as: how much did it cost, when did you do it, for how long and how many responses or coupons were redeemed.
5. Make sure your image is consistent with your business and business philosophy. And then be consistent with your advertising too. You'll tire of a campaign or advertising much sooner than your customer.
6. Make sure your message is clear. Make your business name, location and phone number highly visible. I can't believe how many ads I see where the business has forgotten the location or phone number. Have someone else proof your advertising.
7. Make sure your message hooks your target audience immediately. Maybe this should have been tip #1. Think about what your customer wants and play to that desire.
8. Make sure your message is true. There is still a truth in advertising act that protects consumers from false advertising. Be very honest about what you are offering and what services you provide.
9. Make sure you can deliver on everything you've promised. Under promise and over deliver - this is the key to amazing, long-term client relationships.
10. Make sure you can inventory it, market it, deliver it and still make a profit. We are in business to help others and to make a profit while doing so. Don't forget to feed your family while providing service to others.
They may be free, but not always easy. Tackle one at a time until you are comfortable. You'll see some astonishing results with your marketing in no time.