The Shelby County R-IV Board of Education will be in the market for a new superintendent of schools.
The Shelby County R-IV Board of Education will be in the market for a new superintendent of schools. During Wednesday night’s meeting the Board accepted the resignation of Rick Roberts effective the end of his 2012-13 contract.
In other business:
• Approval was given to having an Adult Vo-Ag Class, Adult Horticulture. Pat Greenwell was hired to teach the Adult Vo-Ag Class.
• Permission was given to seek intercom system and investment bids.
• A bid of $82,537 from Midwest (International) for a MaxxForce 7 bus was accepted.
• The Board discussed the state of the school security system and any needs to upgrade. The Board would like a committee to be organized to put together different ideas for each building as to what can be done to increase security.
• The possibility of purchasing a school vehicle was discussed. Roberts was asked to seek bids.
• Elizabeth Utterback was hired as the part-time middle school/high school library aide for the remainder of the 2012-13 school year.