Eric Churchwell, superintendent of the Palmyra R-1 School District, will be sticking around. The district’s Board of Education extended his contract by a year during its meeting on Tuesday.
In other business:
• Churchwell reported on the Clarence Cannon Conference (CCC) Fall Sportsmanship Survey. The CCC schools evaluate and score each school in areas of players, coaches, cheerleaders, spectators and game personnel. For the fall season that includes conference sports of football and softball, Palmyra High School had a total average score of 3.93 on a 4.00 scale.
• Plans were discussed for “School Board Recognition Week” Jan. 20-26.
• Approval was given the A+ Schools Partnership Agreement.
• The district’s Crisis Management Plan was discussed. Notes were reviewed taken from the Jan. 4 Crisis Management Committee meeting. Discussion was held on possible recommendations by the committee.
• The Board discussed the need to replace the current maintenance truck with a new vehicle.