Street work around Mark Twain Elementary School is slated to begin Wednesday morning.
Street work around Mark Twain Elementary School is slated to begin Wednesday morning. Following is a tentative schedule of work and how it will impact the school:
Wednesday, Nov. 28
• Normal student drop off on both Hill and Bird Streets in the a.m. only.
• Milling of Hill Street begins at 9 a.m.
• Milling machine moves over to Bird Street while paving begins on Hill Street.
• Milling of Bird Street will continue through the end of the day. It will remain closed to all traffic.
• Hill Street will probably not be ready for traffic by school release time. All students will need to be released from the Hill Street side of the building, but on side streets only. Teachers will need to walk students across the street to waiting parents.
Thursday, Nov. 29
• Hill Street only will be open for student drop off and pick up.
• Bird Street will remain closed to all traffic.
Friday, Nov. 30
• Hill Street only will be open for student drop off in the a.m. and p.m.
• Bird Street will remain closed to all traffic in the a.m. and part of the p.m.
• Bird Street may or may not be open to traffic at dismissal time.
• Bird Street will be open to all traffic once all street construction equipment is off of Bird Street sometime in the p.m.