Survey questions were a topic of discussion at Thursday’s meeting of the Shelby County R-IV Board of Education in Shelbina.
As a result of the responses, the Board would like a plan put together regarding where the Life Skills room would relocate to if the Industrial Tech classes where brought back. Information on security connections to classrooms was requested. Also up for consideration is the possibility of installing more cameras at both elementary buildings
In other business:
• Approval was given to a choir and band chili cook-off fund-raiser.
• Permission was given to investigate running summer school.
• Approval was given to eliminating the driving charge at the high school
• A trip request for the 180 Reading Counts was OK’d.
• Permission was granted to apply for the EPA Grant.
• The resignation of Title I Aide Elaine Mueller was accepted, effective Nov. 30.
• The early graduation for one student was approved.
• Stephanie Turnage was hired as a classroom aide at Clarence Elementary.
• Carol Werr was hired as a classroom aide at Shelbina Elementary.
• Kathy Hall was hired as the crossing guard at Clarence Elementary.