Bill Madore, Hannibal fire chief, announced Thursday afternoon that the cause of the Nov. 9 fire on Grand Avenue is being listed as "undetermined."
The late morning blaze has been under investigation by the Police Department since last week. Immediately after the fire, an investigator with the State Fire Marshal's office was called in to help determine the fire's place of origin and its cause.
Madore told the Courier-Post Wednesday that it had been determined that the fire started in the basement of the residence.
Two people were at home at the time of the fire. Neither was reportedly injured. Three people were displaced as a result of the blaze, which destroyed the structure.