The deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail or fax for the Tuesdsay, Nov. 6, general election is Wednesday, Oct. 31.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot by mail or fax for the Tuesdsay, Nov. 6, general election is Wednesday, Oct. 31. Voters may vote absentee in person at their local election authority’s office until 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5.
To receive an absentee ballot by mail, eligible voters must complete an absentee ballot application and mail or fax it to their local election authority. Applications must be received by the local election authority no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday. If requesting an absentee ballot by mail, first-time voters must provide a copy of their personal identification.
The application form and contact information for Missouri’s local election authorities are available online at www.GoVoteMissouri.com. Registered Missouri voters are eligible to vote absentee if they expect to be prevented from going to the polls to vote on Election Day due to:
(1) Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
(2) Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
(3) Religious belief or practice;
(4) Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter’s polling place;
(5) Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
Absentee ballots must be received by the local election authority no later than 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6.