College Roundup
Wildcat soccer
ends in a tie
The Culver-Stockton and Clarke men’s soccer teams played a defensive game Monday night. Neither team was able to score for most of the match. Clarke broke the scoreless tie at 74:54 when Jared Hill gave Clarke a 1-0 lead off a corner kick. The assist was credited to Jared Perez.  Just under six minutes later, Culver-Stockton tied the score when Jacob Schierding scored on a penalty kick at 80:30.
Jacob Brauer played all 110 minutes in the goal and recorded six saves for the Wildcats. After two scoreless overtimes, the game was declared a tie. With the tie, Culver-Stockton is now 2-5-1 on the season.

Cent. Meth. 32
C-SC 7
Despite a close first half, the Culver-Stockton football team lost 32-7 to Central Methodist over the weekend.
Central Methodist took a 7-0 first quarter lead over Culver-Stockton, but the Wildcats tied the game up at 7-7 early in the second quarter on a seven-play, 57 yard drive. The scoring drive was capped off by a 16-yard pass from Curtis Widener to Rico Ragsdale. That would be Culver-Stockton’s only score of the day.
Central Methodist countered with a 55-yard field goal right after the two-minute warning to retake the lead at 10-7. That was how the first half would end.
Central Methodist scored two more touchdowns in the third quarter as well as another field goal to take a 25-7 lead at the end of the third. The Eagles added one more score in the fourth quarter to seal the win.
Culver-Stockon’s ground game was not very effective as Maurice Childs lead the Wildcats’ 23 yards on seven carries. Through the air however, the Wildcats found some success. Widener was 13-of-32 on passing attemepts for 126 yards and one touchdown. Unfortunately, Widener also threw two interceptions. Kevin Chism led the Wildcats with five receptions and 72 receiving yards.

C-SC 3
Monmouth 1
The Culver-Stockton women’s soccer team rebounded from its first loss of the season to beat Monmouth 3-1 Saturday.
The Wildcats scored first, taking a 1-0 first half lead on a goal by, Vanessa Herr while Jordan Sergi picked up the assist. Culver-Stockton doubled its lead to 2-0 in the second half when Alyssa Houska scored an unassisted goal for the Wildcats on a free kick.
The increased lead didn’t last long as Monmouth countered with its first (and only) goal of the game just under four minutes later. Lauren Kellen scored the goal with the assist going to Alex Ivie.
Leading 2-1 with time running out, Herr and Sergi hooked up again in the 86th minute to give Culver-Stockton a 3-1 lead.
Goal keeper Mackenzie Little recorded 10 saves for the Wildcats as Culver-Stockton improved to 6-1-1 on the season.